You will need:
- rectangular piece of fabric (we used 10" x 54"crinkled silk)
- permanent fabric dye (we used Tulip One Step dyes in multiple colors)
- paper towels
- plastic surface cover (i.e. plastic table cover)
- Cover your surface. We usually work outside on the grass, just to make sure we do not dye anything in the house.
- Lay down paper towels where your fabric will go. This will soak up dye under the fabric so it does not settle on the plastic and then soak back up in to the fabric.
3. With gloves, add water to the dye bottles, shake well.
4. Wet the fabric with water and wring out excess. Apply dye where you want!
5. Place fabric into a plastic ziploc bag and let sit for 4-6 hours. Then rinse well (until water runs clear.)
6. Let hang dry. For cotton and other fabrics it is okay to tumble dry, but since this was silk, we allowed it to dry on the hanger.
7. Tah-Dah! Kaden's scarf is complete and ready to be wrapped for his teacher!
Hope you have fun making your own handcrafted teacher appreciation gifts this holiday season!
glam girl: Collette